I'm sitting here in bed waiting for my iphone to finish syncing so that i can set my alarm and go to bed.
So why not spill out my thoughts as i'm waiting?
Sure.

Today i had a beautiful conversation with a friend about grace.
You know when something becomes so familiar that you just always expect it to be there?
You know when you hear about something so often or are around it so often that you begin to forget its presence and/or importance because its just....always there?
I think this can become a view of grace that is too common.
I think it's easy to have a view of, "oh, well, i know that i'm covered with grace"...
while it IS true...i think we lose sight of the weight of grace with this mindset.
It becomes familiar and routine.
expected.
assumed.
I don't want to live that way.
We should be humbled and deeply moved when we realize how undeserving we are of grace.
It should change [and motivate] the way we live.
But does it?
Sadly, I think a lot of times instead of it changing the way we live...we let it passively justify the way we live.
No comments:
Post a Comment